Google Webmaster Central

Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 1

Yesterday morning I said goodbye to Greg and Lizzie at the airport. They were on their way to England to visit with Greg's family. His brother is visiting from Papua New Guinea so we thought it was worth it for him to take Lizzie over to meet her Uncle Martin. We haven't seen his brother since September 2003.

It was very hard to say goodbye to them without completely breaking down. I knew that Lizzie would be perfectly fine with her Daddy. He's really great with her but just knowing that they were going on this little adventure together so far away from me was hard. It's a very different feeling being left behind rather than being the one that is going away. I'm proud of myself though, I didn't cry as much as I thought I would.

Greg called when he got to his parents house to let me know how the flight went. Lizzie loved counting the planes while they wait to board then on the flight she was great. The portable DVD player helped a lot. She loves watching Monsters Inc., Jungle Book, The Fox and the Hound and Finding Nemo. There was only one 10 minute meltdown when Greg tried to get her to sleep. Fortunately they had a whole row to themselves so when she finally passed out (about an hour and a half before the flight landed) she had plenty of room to sleep. We are very proud of her!

I had dinner at my parent's house because I couldn't face the quietness at home. I know that I will enjoy the freedom and it probably won't happen again for a very long time but I really miss my family. The house is too empty without them.

1 comment:

Carrie27 said...

I'm proud of you. Saying bye to your little one and being pregnant, you did amazing if you only cried a little. Way to go!

Enjoy the peace and quiet, when your mind isn't going crazy.