Google Webmaster Central

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy 6th Anniversary

Last night my dear husband and I celebrated our 6th anniversary. It was our first night together away from our daughter. She spent the night with my parents and we spent the night in the city. We took the train in to the city, hopped on the subway and checked in to our hotel. We used Greg's hotel points so we were able to get a room at the Hyatt Regency. We changed our clothing and I injected my drugs, what a way to start the evening!

I had scheduled a bra fitting which I was very excited about. All you ladies will understand how hard it is to find a good bra. Apparently about 80% of women wear the wrong size bra, just ask Carson. Anyway, we hopped on the subway to go to my bra fitting at Intimacy which happened to be across the street from Greg's office so he popped in to the office while I found out my real size and tried on lots of beautiful and expensive bras. In the end I bought two bras, the most expensive bras I've ever owned but they are definitely an improvement on what I was wearing. I think I should burn my old bras.

After Greg gave me a tour of his office and we walked through the city to the restaurant. We had reservations for 9 pm which my European standards is early but apparently by American standards is a bit late. The restaurant was on a street that didn't look like it should have restaurants on it but we found it because we had the address and there was a big M over the door. Now, I picked this restaurant because Greg love Indian food and I wanted somewhere special for our anniversary. I did my research and read the reviews online so it wasn't a total random pick. When we go there they promptly seated us....in the back of the restaurant! And this wasn't just any old back of the restaurant which might not have been bad in some places but apparently this place was undergoing some renovations and we were seated next to a bunch of couches lined up next to each other plus Greg had a lovely view of some crates and trash cans and I was looking at some curtains poorly placed to hide the construction. Needless to say, we weren't impressed, but that was just the beginning.

We were disappointed when we looked at the menu only realize that it wasn't much of an Indian restaurant. There was some Naan on the menu and a hint of cumin here and there but that was about it. Nonetheless, we soldiered on and continued to give them the benefit of the doubt. They didn't have the wine we ordered but they gave us a more expensive substitute for the same price and it was a nice choice. Our first course arrived and it was relatively good and we were enjoying it until Greg saw not one, not two but three cockroaches scuttling around by our feet. Do I have to say that we creeped out! We immediately summoned the manager over to let him know what we saw. To give the restaurant credit, they were very apologetic and explained the roaches weren't coming from kitchen but were coming from the alley outside due to the renovations. They moved us to a better table and gave us another bottle of wine. We stayed for our second course which I didn't think was that good. Greg liked his meal but mine was lacking. At that point I just wanted to get out of there. Fortunately in the end the restaurant comped our whole meal AND gave us a $100 gift certificate to come back after the renovations were done. We'll see...

The rest of the night was a wash as we were both quite tired and had drunk a lot of wine. We slept well though and we actually slept in until 9 AM!!! Now that is an event that hasn't occurred in our household since June 6, 2007. In the morning we went out for a very nice breakfast, wandered around the city and did some shopping before catching a train home. I'm disappointed that we had such a crappy dinner for our anniversary. Hopefully next year will be better although we usually don't do something so fancy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry about your dinner. The crappy decor was bad enough, but cockroaches? GROSS!!!! At least they compensated you a bit. Having children certainly changes your life, sleep sometimes outweighs other things... :) That store looks great, my bras are definitely the wrong size I am sure. Although, I am still in nursing bras anyway, very romantic...not!

The Olsons said...

Thanks again for watching Hannah before heading off on your anniversary adventure. Sorry it wasn't exactly what you had hoped, but sleeping in until 9.... heavenly!!