Google Webmaster Central

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Numbers Game

This morning I went in for my first round of monitoring and the nurse called this afternoon with the results. My Estradiol is 273. What does that mean? Well, it seems it is within where they want to see it. According to E. Tawfik, A. Mastrorilli and A. Campana:

"Ovarian response can be identified early in the cycle. Hodgen (15) defined non responders as those whose E2 levels did not reach 300 pg/ml by day 8 of stimulation. Slow responders were those whose E2 levels were <300 pg/ml by day 5, but >300 pg/ml by day 8 of stimulation. Fast responders had their E2 levels >300 pg/ml by day 5 of stimulation."

I'm on day 5 so perhaps that means I'm a sort of a slow responder.

What else? My left ovary had one follicle that was measurable but less than 10 mm however my right ovary is usually the star and today it had one follice at 11.5 mm, another at 11 mm and one less than 10 mm. According to the same people as above, "As follicles spontaneously reach maturity in the natural cycle their inner dimensions range from 17 to 25 mm".

In the end, what does all this mean? It means that tonight and tomorrow night I continue with 300 iu of Gonal F and 75 iu of Repronex and I go back in Thursday morning for more bloodwork and another ultrasound.

For more information on IVF monitoring see, MONITORING IN VITRO FERTILIZATION (IVF) CYCLES.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hi Rebecca! I'm going to be cheering for you every step of the way. Gosh this all seems like a million years ago, but like yesterday at the very same time. I give you all the credit in the world for going through this again, it's completely physically and emotionally draining and only you can put an entertaining spin on it. I'll be checking in and sending you baby dust and rah-rah happy thoughts every day!

PS - Love the name for the new blog! Natalie approves.