Google Webmaster Central

Friday, August 29, 2008

Day One - Let the Injections Begin!


So that's it, it started tonight. At 8:30 I injected 75 iu of Repronex mixed with 1 cc of sodium chloride in to my stomach. I then injected 300 iu of Gonal-F using the RFF pen. So, you are wondering, what exactly are Repronex and Gonal-F?

Gonal-F is a human follicle stimulating hormone manufactured using biotechnology. In a normal month a women's body grows one egg in one follicle then releases that egg when the women ovulates. Gonal-F is going to help my body fill lots of follicles with lots of eggs.

Repronex is also a follicle stimulating hormone only instead of being manufactured using biotechnology, it extracted from the urine of postmenopausal women. Woo hoo! I'm injecting urine! Ok, not exactly urine but something extracted from urine, kind of feels the same. I'd like to thank all of the post-menopausal women who have donated their urine for my benefit.

I'm very good at the follicle creation part and by the time I reach egg retrieval I will be physically uncomfortable due to the amount of large follicles I'll be carrying around. It's the egg quality part I'm not so good at and we won't know those results until after the egg retrieval.

No comments: