Google Webmaster Central

Sunday, July 31, 2011

When Something Amazing Happens

What a beautiful summer weekend we had! Gorgeous sunny days with nary a cloud in the sky and temperatures in the 80's. On Saturday Greg took Emily to the dump with him then out for a little treat (we are trying to find ways to spend a little 1:1 time with each kid). I took Lizzie and Alex on a walk in to town for a trip to the "penny" candy section of The Country Store. After nap time my parents and I took the kids to Long Beach for the first time while Greg stayed home to get some work done around the house. We hung out by the creek at the beach and hunted for snails and crabs pretty much the whole time.

But it was Sunday when the amazing thing happened. Actually, I think many amazing things happened. The first amazing thing was when all the kids slept in until 8 am! So nice!

Then around 10 am day we went to the beach down the road from our house. We all went this time but it was almost high tide which doesn't make for good crab hunting. However the kids found a good place to play so I was actually able to sit on a rock and let the tide come in around my legs while I watched them. Bliss! That was the second amazing thing.

I went out and ran 8 miles in the hot sun (in preparation for my first 1/2 marathon on 8/7/11) during nap time then came home and took a shower. The twins took a decent nap so I had a little time to recover and recharge. When everyone was awake they wanted to watch something on TV so I put on an episode of Calliou (23 minutes) and went outside to mow the front lawn and water the plants. At some point I realized that it had been awhile since I had been outside and hadn't heard anything from the kids. I went back in to see that Calliou had ended and the kids were all in the playroom actually playing together happily. I quickly snuck out before they saw me and it was all ruined.

They played together for about an hour!!! I kept sneaking around to check on them because I couldn't believe what was happening. THIS was the truly amazing thing! Greg and I were both able to get chores done around the house while they played without our assistance! This is big folks!

In case you were wondering the lovely summer weekend ended with a walk in to town for hot dogs and ice cream. Perfect!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: