Google Webmaster Central

Monday, June 14, 2010

The Faces of Your Children

What do you see when you look into the faces of your children? I have a whole bunch of photos on my office wall that face me when I'm at my laptop (which is always!) and quite often I find myself looking at these photos. It always makes me feel better to look in to the faces of my children and today I found myself thinking about their eyes, their smiles and their personalities.

Because they are my children they are so beautiful and precious to me. I would never expect anyone else (except maybe their family) to see what I do but I think you would feel something similar when you look at your children.

In Lizzie's face I see her enthusiasm for life. She gets so excited about everything and possibly because of this has no problem making friends. Both kids and adults seem drawn to her and I can only hope she continues to be my little adventurer.




In Alex's face I see his gentle spirit. He is the most laid back of all my children and loves to just sit and look at books. His current favorite is "Brown Bear Brown Bear, What do you see?". I think he wants so badly to be able to walk and talk but some of his developmental delays are holding him back. His face just lights up though when he sees me in the morning and he gives me the most wonderful smile.
In Emily's face I see her cheekiness. That little girl has quite a temper and will often scream defiantly when she is angry or frustrated. She can be very somber when surrounded by people she is unfamiliar with but when she is around people she knows she loves to smile and has the best laugh ever! I also see how stubborn she is. I think she is going to give us a run for our money.

As a parent I think it is hard to put in to words how much I love my children. They are a lot of work, can make me angry and frustrate me to no end but in their beautiful faces I see my future and am so happy that their souls chose to join our little family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome Rebecca..

Your children are your children no matter what age they are and you never,never stop loving them as much as you do when they are little children!

From a mother who loves her children as much as you love yours..

XXOO

Carrie27 said...

This is a beautiful post. Love everything about it!