Google Webmaster Central

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Surprising Myself

It's nice to know I can still surprise myself.  I have had some uncharacteristic behavior on this trip and frankly it has been refreshing.

I am actually setting my alarm for 5:30 am so I can get up and run 3 miles on the treadmill.  At home I get up at 6 but only because I have to and I have always hated working out in the morning.

When presented with many yummy food options at lunch I have been going for the grilled fish and veggies.  While I like fish and live by the ocean I don't tend to eat a lot of it (although it is now part of our menu every other week).

I have been craving oatmeal for breakfast with brown sugar and cranberries.  At my companies headquarters they have a few different cafeteria choices but one of them is really stellar.  In the morning they have a wonderful bakery churning out fresh baked goods, they make lattes and omelets but the best part is they have a big crock full of real oatmeal (not the instant stuff) and things you can put in it.  It has really hit the spot and kept me going until lunch.

I don't think I'll be able to keep up the working out in the morning thing when I go home as there is far too much to do with the kids to get everyone up and out of the house.  I might eat more fish for lunch when I'm in the office if it is a good choice at our little cafeteria.  However, when I have time on the weekends and before it gets too warm I am definitely going to make real oatmeal!

3 comments:

Sonja said...

Becca, I often make a large double (or triple) batch of real oatmeal once a week. You can keep the extra in the fridge and heat it up super quickly in the morning. The kids love it, and I love having it as an option in the morning.
Sonja

Carrie27 said...

I have never, ever been a fan of oatmeal. But, I'm glad you have found something you really enjoy.

How long are you gone for?

nonlineargirl said...

To save time yet eat oatmeal on workdays, you can make a pot of it and freeze what you don't eat. (even better, freeze in daily servings) Then heat in the microwave, add your cranberries or whatever and voila! old fashioned oatmeal almost instantly!

(especially nice in the summer - I don't want to cook oatmeal when it is hot out, but oatmeal with fresh berries or peaches is fantastic)