Google Webmaster Central

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Weight Loss

Today I started Jenny Craig. In the past I have done Weight Watchers and been very successful at it but at the moment Jenny Craig seemed more suited to my lifestyle. I needed easy, I needed brainless which is what I got. A big box with two weeks of my food arrived on my porch yesterday morning. I have two weeks of menus planned out for me as well as the majority of the food to go with it. I just have to worry about things like skim milk and fresh veggies. It's a huge weight off my shoulders know I don't have to log everything I eat and worry about what to buy in the store.

However, I'm starving!!!! I can't stop thinking about food at the moment. From prior experience I know this will pass but it is really hard while you are in the middle of it. I can happily report that so far the food has been surprisingly good. I had cereal and a piece of fruit for breakfast, a small "anytime" bar for a snack then a salad with ranch dressing and a turkey burger for lunch. As you can imagine the portion sizes are small but probably closer to what I should be eating even if I weren't trying to lose weight.

So, I have thirty pounds to lose, ten pounds from my pregnancy, ten pounds put on during my last IVF and ten pounds I've been trying to lose for awhile now. Twenty pounds will put me quite comfortably back in the majority of my clothing and the extra ten will make me feel great. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm very interested to see how it goes and hear your progress. I've always wanted to do one of the weight loss plans where they send the food -- but I'd have to get Mike to do it as well and I've always been too chicken to shell out the dollars. With three little ones at home it has to be a huge relief not to worry about meal planning!

Carrie27 said...

I wish you all the luck, but from how you are handeling your life change I know you'll do great!

Lara said...

Good luck!! I totally understand the need for brainless right now ;)