Google Webmaster Central

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Looking Pregnant

Today I'm 11 weeks 3 days and I'm still in my first trimester. I'm feeling really fat, not pregnant because I keep telling myself you can't look this pregnant in your first trimester. I've heard the stories about how you pop faster your second time around and I know that with twins I'll be bigger, and yet I can't help feeling like I look too big for 11 weeks 3 days. I'm living in my maternity jeans (with the help of a Bella band) because I don't want to get the rest of my maternity clothing out. I made a deal with myself that I would allow myself to wear my maternity clothing after my first trimester scan.

I work next to a big mall and sometimes we go over there for lunch. Today I had a headache and was feeling quite tense so we decided to get one of those 15 minute chair massages. It was great but and definitely helped (so did the Tylenol) but afterwards my massage therapist looked at me and asked me if I was pregnant. She could tell! A complete stranger could tell I was pregnant! So maybe I look more than fat. I just need to keep telling myself that.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Aw. I was in full maternity clothes by 13 weeks with my twins - all of a sudden, I couldn't get anything zipped up. You silly girl, you looked pregnant at 8 weeks so you certainly must by now. Even a stranger said so. =)

Enjoy the "Is she or isn't she?" phase while it lasts- you know once you're all belly, strangers will be reaching out to touch you. That was never okay with me ...

Hope your head is feeling better. And if you call yourself fat one more time, you're in big trouble. =) Hugs for Lizzie.

chicklet said...

You probably do look pregnant, you're just used to convincing yourself you don't and haven't adjusted that you finally look it:-)