Google Webmaster Central

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Potty Training x 2

Lizzie was full potty trained by the time she was 2 1/2 so when Alex and Emily turned 3 I knew it was time to get serious.  Of course that is easier said then done so we sort of half-assed the effort for awhile. I would say until mid-June both Emily and Alex were about 80% potty trained.  They knew how to use the potty, Emily could make herself pee (but hadn't yet pooped on the potty) and Alex had done both but they were still in Pull-Ups and didn't really seem motivated to use the toilet.

I think we were just being lazy and when that happens I need something to change and motivate me to get moving.  In this case it was a change in classroom at their preschool.  Mid June they changed from Miss Phyllis' class to Miss Kara's class.  Before they started Kara and I talked and made a plan to finish off their potty training.  We decided to tell them that diapers weren't allowed in Kara's class so they needed to wear underwear.  We actually started Emily on underwear during the day about a week before she switched and we started Alex the day he switched.

I'm glad we waited because they were definitely ready and it didn't take long for the accidents to stop (most of the time).  We had a few poop accidents and a bunch of pee ones but I can proudly say that most of those have stopped and I have two (daytime) potty trained kids!  They are still wearing Pull Ups at nap time and bed time but they are waking up dry more and more so hopefully they will be fully potty trained soon and we will be free of diapers!  Woo hoo!


1 comment:

Carrie27 said...

It's so much harder when training two at the same time. K trained completely and then I moved onto E. Pull ups at sleep time is nothing. I say they are trained. Phew!!! What a huge accomplishment!