Google Webmaster Central

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bad Day, Good Day

Yesterday was a bad day, a very bad day.  It all started on Sunday actually, the 26th.  A large storm blew in bringing snow, rain and high winds.  At some point in the middle of the night we lost power and around 5 am Alex woke up and started screaming in terror.  Apparently he is quite scared of the dark.  He was so terrified he wouldn't let me put him down for awhile.   Lizzie had already joined us in bed earlier so she too was woken up when I brought Alex in to our room when trying to decide what to do.  So the four of us headed downstairs to light candles and eat an early breakfast.

I thought I'd put a votive candle in Emily's room in case she too was scared of the dark but the mere squeak of the door handle was enough to wake her.  Fortunately we have a gas stove to cook things with and a wood stove to heat the house so the power cut was manageable just not very much fun.

We finally got our power back around 2ish so thankfully Greg and I were able to shower (and I could change in to clean pjs!).  Unfortunately this was also the time when I started feeling sick.  It progressed throughout the rest of the day until I couldn't really move and was sapped of energy.  It peaked while Greg was putting Lizzie to bed and then I crashed around 9.

Cut to the next day...Greg let me sleep in until around 8:30 am.   I was feeling about 90% at that point so we decided we needed to cure the kids cabin fever.  After we both had showered and dressed we headed out to a place called Monkey Joes.  It was our first time there as it is a bit of a hike to get there however it was much needed and a lot of fun.  It's basically a room filled with fancy bouncy houses including one for toddlers.  I highly recommend it!  After we took the kids to McDonalds and they did a great job eating their lunch and behaving themselves.  We didn't get much of a nap but it was ok because we weren't home very long before we took the kids out to get new snow boots.  Now that was a good day.  We even managed to eat dinner together which is a rare event thanks to the kids needing to eat around 5ish.

No comments: