Google Webmaster Central

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Odds and Ends

I am so busy during the day and so drained at the end that I haven't had the will to write in my blog so I must apologize. So, since I haven't written in awhile I thought I'd catch up with some odds and ends.

The twins have just recovered from a bout with an intestinal virus that seems to be going around. It didn't really effect their mood but it certainly increased the amount of diapers we were going through and we also had to start changing them in the middle of the night. Normally we use overnight diapers and don't change them since they don't usually poop but as you can imagine that wasn't the case for the last week or so.

Their appetites also decreased quite a bit for a few days but now it is back with a vengeance. I can't use my favorite 4 ounce Dr. Browns bottles anymore, I had to go out and buy the larger ones as they are taking at least 5 ounces in a feeding. Lizzie never ate more than 4 ounces at a time. They are also eating a couple solid food meals a day now which consist of oatmeal and either a fruit or a vegetable. I bought some Mum Mums at Whole Foods so they can start learning how to bring food to their mouths and chew on it. Emily really seemed to enjoy it and since she has not been that big on the pureed food, I suspect she will move quickly to more normal food when the time is right.

Alex is seeing a physical therapist every other week now though Early Intervention. Here is a little of what she said yesterday, "His head still drops back at times and he tires quickly of holding his head forward. He allowed me to bring his feet to his nose/mouth though he is still with this." ... "Alex did well on his stomach holding his head up a long time. In this position he pull his arms strongly back instead of leaning on his elbows." So he's definitely getting stronger but still has a ways to go.

Lizzie is really enjoying pre-school. She tells me that she has fun and drop offs are really easy now. We part with a kiss and a goodbye. Her toddler class was mainly boys so I think she likes being around more girls as well as the new things she is learning. Her language continues to astound me. If you listen to her talk I'm sure you would think she is much older than 2 however she is still small so just by looking at her you might think she is younger than 2.

1 comment:

Carrie27 said...

Poor babies. I'm glad to hear there is progress being made over at your house with the cooties and little Alex.