Google Webmaster Central

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Torn

I went back to work yesterday. Part of me felt great. It was so nice to get dressed up, wear a pair of nice shoes, put on makeup and jewelry and walk in to the office without carrying two car seats. The three bags (laptop, purse, lunch) I was carrying seemed quite light in comparison. I spent the day catching up with my team and doing something other than changing diapers, chasing toddlers and feeding babies. It was great!

However, I missed my babies! I have spent almost 5 months with them and now someone else was taking care of them and cuddling them. They did fine at daycare except that they didn't sleep very well so when I picked them up they were a mess. Lizzie was also hyperactive after her first full day back so she certainly wasn't helping matters. I even picked them up early today but they were a lost cause. They just needed sleep. I tried to feed them their oatmeal and bananas with no luck (I think I'll have to do it in the morning) so they pretty much went straight to bed. I didn't get to see much of them today. :+(

1 comment:

Carrie27 said...

You'll get back into a routine in no time, that's what it is all about when working. It's definitely tough to be away from them all day, but nothing wrong with some adult conversations every now and then.