Google Webmaster Central

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sacrifice

I know that when you choose to have children you also choose to sacrifice many things in your life, at least while they are young. However, I think that to be a mother of multiples and stay sane it requires even more sacrifice on a daily basis, at least it does for me.

The main thing I've been sacrificing for my sanity these days is sleep. In order to get any enjoyment out of my day I need to be organized. So at night I've been sacrificing a little sleep in order to run the dishwasher after dinner, unload the bottles, put them back together and fill them up with formula for the next day. That way once the twins have finished their bottles I can get the next ones out of the fridge in preparation for the next feed. They eat 3.5 ounces every 2 - 3 hours during the day but are now going from about 10:30 pm - 5 am without eating. They still wake up and fuss but don't need feeding so I'm hoping "sleeping through the night" isn't far behind.

I also sacrifice some sleep in the morning by getting up earlier than I really need to. I get up around 6:30 am while Greg is still here so I can shower and get dressed before things kick off for the day. Greg takes the 7:20 am train so he gets the twins dressed and brings them downstairs. That way I can focus on getting Lizzie dressed and fed before we start doing things.

Despite sacrificing some sleep I still feel pretty good. It is amazing how your body adjusts to getting less sleep although I look forward to the day when I get a full uninterrupted night of sleep!

And now I leave you with a couple pictures of the babies at 3 months!


Alex


Emily

2 comments:

Carrie27 said...

You are crazy! When my babies weren't sleeping through the night, we would jump into bed once all three were asleep. Total losers over here. LOL!

I'm glad that you all seem to have a schedule already in place, it definitely helps keep the house more together.

nonlineargirl said...

Sweet babies (and what good news on the night sleep)! I tend to sacrifice organization for sleep, but I have never been that neat to begin with.