Google Webmaster Central

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Shell Shocked

I think I'm still a bit shell shocked that I've gone from having one kid to three kids so suddenly. While my path to my current state was a very deliberate one, I still stop and wonder how I got here. Inside I still feel like I'm 21 years old so when I stop to consider that I'll be turning 38 this year, I have three kids under two (although not for long!), I'm married, I have a house and a job it really stops me in my tracks. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with my life but sometimes you can't help but be amazed at the path your life has taken.

I'm also amazed at the people I have in my life. Before I had Lizzie my friends were scattered around the world and most of them weren't in the same stage of life as me. After I had Lizzie I joined a mommy and baby group run by the hospital. It was there that I met an amazing and wonderful group of women who have become great friends. With the birth of Emily and Alex they have once again provided me with support and friendship. They have cooked me meals, offered a shoulder to cry on and simply been there when I needed them. I am so happy to have them in my life and I can't wait to return the favor when they have their second set of children (most of them are currently pregnant!!!).

At home life is to be expected when you have two newborns and a toddler. There is not a lot of sleep but it's manageable. The babies are really good so far. They are still in the eat/sleep stage and they don't really cry unless they are hungry. They spend some time awake during the day but are usually just looking around in amazement. I think they both suffer from a bit of gas so I'm going to try using Mylicon to help ease it. I love watching them grow each day and see them turn in to proper looking babies as opposed to preemies. Lizzie loves being a big sister! She helps us feed them and loves to give them their binkies when they cry. Let's hope that continues. Having your second (and third) child is definitely different from your first. I think the simple knowledge that each stage comes to an end and things do get easier makes a huge difference.

1 comment:

Carrie27 said...

I still find that I need to pinch myself that I have three beautiful children.