Google Webmaster Central

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Brave New World

This morning I kept welling up as I watched the Today show and they talked about Obama's victory. I know he has a long hard road ahead of him but it is such a relief that our country has a chance to change for the good. If nothing else, we will certainly be liked a lot more around the world. I can't tell you how hard it was to live in England with Bush as president. I always felt the need to tell people that I didn't vote for him and I didn't like him.

But, more than that, the tears came because as I sat there and hugged my daughter I realized that she will hopefully be spending the next 8 years of her life with an African American president. For her that will be normal. It's hard to imagine that if Obama does two terms she will be 9 1/2 and the twins will be 7 1/2 when he is done. That certainly puts things in to perspective! They are lucky lucky children to grow up in a climate which proves that anything is possible.

I wish Obama the best of luck and hope that he is able to live up to all that we expect.

No comments: