Google Webmaster Central

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Working Away From Home

I'm working away from home for the first time this week. I flew across the country on Monday morning and will return on Friday. Getting through the day, sitting in meeting after meeting is really difficult. I'm just so tired that sometimes it is hard to concentrate. It's been very useful, workwise, but tough.

I also really miss Lizzie. I called my Mom today (it was Nana day) and I could hear her laughing in the background. She was playing with my brother's dog and having a great time. She didn't even want to talk to her Mama! The good thing though is that she doesn't seem to miss me. My husband and my Mom are doing a great job filling in for me. I am really looking forward to this weekend though where I can spend lots of time with her doing fun things.

3 comments:

nancy said...

I remember the first time I had to work out of town after I had my first daughter. I thought I would literally ~die~ from missing her!

And it's horrible, but now if I get to go out of town for work I secretly love it. I miss my kids, sure, but this momma embraces the breaks now! :)

Hope you get through your time out of town quickly and you are back to your little girl soon.

(iclw)

Cara said...

Ahhh- I'm so glad you posted about this and Nancy, thanks for the comment.

I'm about to embark on my first work trip too! Three days and three nights, leaving J. a "single dad" for a bit. It's been a looooong time that I've been home (about 5 years) and I am looking forward to a break as I won't be WORKING the whole time. But, I am not looking forward to the phone ringing with questions like, "Hey honey. Where is the girls' toothpaste / pajamas / fill-in-the-blank?" Yup - they will happen!

(sigh) - Deep breath and jump in, right?

ICLW

nonlineargirl said...

I can relate, I was away for a few days earlier this week. Two nights was ok, though I was happy to come back, but a week would be hard.